Obado - focusing on elderly day opportunities, based in Blackley Manchester.
Older Black Africans Day Opportunities
Creating culturally sensitive Daily Opportunities for Older Black Africans in the Community by promoting social inclusion and eliminating isolation and loneliness.
A Day centre for older black Africans in Greater Manchester based in Moston, Manchester.
Not-for-profit Community Interest Company Limited by guarantee: company number: 11720437. It was set up to empower and promote inclusion.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Emotional, physical, and mental health support
- Spiritual wellbeing
- Advice and advocacy
- Will and End of Life Advice
- Correspondence and signposting to relevant organizations
- General wellbeing
- Provide cultural food and nourishment
- Befriending services
- Social activities like handcrafting (card making, weaving, knitting, crocheting, and sewing) to exercise finger and hand coordination
- Bingo to promote talent etc
- Physical fitness e.g., simple exercises depending on different capabilities
- Memory training and simple exercise classes to promote mental and physical health
- Listening to uplifting music from diverse cultures, dance, and exercises to promote physical and mental health.
- Cooking different dishes from diverse cultures as represented/requested, sharing cooking skills maintaining roots and cultures through food.
- Celebrating diverse cultural heritage
- Encourage older people to bring and share food and presents on special occasions to promote love and unity in our community
Address: Trinity Church Hall
Goodman Street, Moston,
Manchester, M9 4DT
Advice Line: 07888177528 (Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:00am – 4:30pm)
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Times: 10am to 4:30pm